In this article, we will discuss strategies for expanding your search results when conducting an Industry Search and how to effectively use the search feature to get as many leads as possible with every search.
Here are the key takeaways and strategies:
1. Understanding Google Maps Limitations: Google Maps has a restriction on the number of results it returns for a specific search in a particular area. This is usually limited to around 50-60 results. While this may seem like a large number, it may not be enough for your needs.
2. Expanding Search Beyond Central Areas: The initial search results on Google Maps are usually concentrated around the central zip code of a city. To find more leads, it's necessary to expand the search to surrounding areas. This will help you tap into potential leads that may not be captured in the central area search.
3. Targeting Specific Suburbs or Areas: To uncover even more leads, you can manually input different suburbs or areas within a city (e.g., Pasadena, Park Place). This process is known as "expanding the search" and can help you find leads that may have been missed in the initial search.
4. Balancing Scope of Search: It's important to find a balance in the scope of your search. While expanding your search to smaller areas may seem like a good idea, there is a point of diminishing returns. It's more effective to focus on larger suburbs or areas to yield a substantial number of results.
5. Methodical Approach to Searching: To effectively expand your search, adopt a systematic approach. Start with the central zip code of the city and then move on to the suburbs and neighboring areas. Use a visual inspection of the map to identify areas that haven't been covered yet.
6. Managing Lead Credits: In a white-label program where clients have a monthly credit limit, it's essential to manage lead credits effectively. The process is intentionally slowed down to help users stay within their credit limits.
7. Controlled Expansion of Search: To avoid overwhelming the user or client with too many results at once, the system allows for the gradual loading of additional results. This control not only helps in managing resources but also sets realistic expectations for the number of leads that can be generated.
Strategies for Implementation
Now that we've discussed the key takeaways and strategies for expanding your search results, here are some tips for implementing these strategies effectively:
By understanding its limitations and implementing the strategies discussed in this article, you can effectively expand your search and uncover more leads. Remember to take a systematic approach, monitor and manage lead credits, and use the 'load more' feature for controlled expansion of your search to achieve the best results. Happy lead hunting!